The Officiating Development Committee shall include the following as well as any other ideas or suggestions that will assist Officials in the UK.
- Assisting in developing training material for UKRDA Leagues
- Providing training material support and officiating resources to UKRDA Leagues
- Developing Officials in the United Kingdom through Training Material and Bootcamps
- Actively communicate through the Officials portion of the UKRDA Forum
- Assisting with developing Junior Officials in the United Kingdom
- Reviewing the current Recognition of the Officials portion of the UKRDA to determine how to allow access to the UKRDA Officials portion of the Forum without the need to be under the previous Recognition process.
- Sourcing sponsorship opportunities for UKRDA Leagues to specifically assist their Officials and a view to further extend this to Officials in the UK in general.
- Attend regular meetings and discussions
Members of the Officiating Development Committee agree to:
- Uphold an impeccable level of confidentiality and professionalism, both in their actions as a panel member and as a member of the wider United Kingdom Roller Derby community and uphold UKRDA's stance on addressing equality and diversity issues in sport. This includes disclosing any conflicts of interest (should one arise) to the other panel members and the head of UKRDA Officials Committee, and where necessary abstain from the application consideration process for the individual(s)
- Provide a detailed handover at the termination of the appointment period
Applicants are required to meet one of the following requirements;
- A Skater who is with a UKRDA League
- A Member of a UKRDA League
Any Official who is:
- WFTDA Certified under the new certification process or under WFTDA Legacy
- Registered with WFTDA under the Certification Identity (LMS)
- UKRDA recognised/affiliated/Independent
- MRDA recognised Official
If you would like to be part of the Officiating Development Committee please send your letter of intent ensuring you use your Legal Name and Skate Name and which requirement(s) from the above you meet to email@example.com
Applications will close on 14 February 2019
Looking forward to getting this committee together.
Director of Officials